At the Principal’s Assembly last Tuesday, Mr Deer, Mrs Shipp, and I all spoke about how delighted we were to have students back on campus, and how pleased we were with the way in which students have adjusted back to face-to-face classes. There is no better way to start the day than welcoming five hundred young people off the bus.
Now that we’re back and feeling (slightly) more settled, we are getting our thoughts back to our traditional end of year events and activities. Below is the outline of the key dates and, while there will necessarily be some modifications to the way things usually run, the rituals and rhythms of the school year are important and so we’ll be doing our best to ensure they continue.
- Last day of Year 12 classes – Thursday 5 November
- Year 12 Celebration Day – Friday 6 November
- Year 12 Exams commence – Tuesday 10 November
- Year 11 Exams commence – Monday 23 November
- Year 9 and 10 Exams commence – Friday 27 November
- Assessment Day (student-free) – Wednesday 2 December
- Exam Feedback Day – Thursday 3 December
- Valedictory Event – Friday 4 December
- Headstart commences – Friday 4 December
- Final day for students – Thursday 10 December
Further details about the nature and specifics of each of the above will be provided to students and families as we get closer, as we work within the COVID guidelines provided to us.
Though the date above shows Tuesday 10 November, the first of our VCE exams have actually already begun, with our language (Indonesian and French) students completing their oral exams over the past week, and our music and drama students completing their performance exams in the coming period. Well done and good luck to those students!
I hope that all Braemar families enjoy the two long weekends coming up and are able to make good use of the slightly relaxed restrictions.
Head of Senior School