In 2016, Braemar supported the Brotherhood of St Laurence Toy Shop Appeal by providing over 100 gifts for families experiencing social or financial disadvantage. Families in need are invited to come to the Toy Shop and choose a gift to give their children on Christmas Day. Braemar College has had extended links with the Brotherhood of St Laurence for many years. Many of our Senior School students have visited the organisation in Melbourne as part of their Exeat program, helping out in a variety of ways. We have also been fortunate in having speakers from the Brotherhood of St Laurence address our students on a diverse range of topics.
This year we would appreciate it if Braemar College families could help support the Toy Shop appeal once again. Our Christmas giving tree has been set up in the foyer of Braemar House and we are encouraging students to donate gifts or gift vouchers. Gifts can be left under the tree and vouchers should be handed in at Reception for safekeeping.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Toys / gifts should be suitable for children aged between 0-16 years.
- Please leave gifts unwrapped as this allows parents to select a gift that their child will love.
- Please only donate brand new gifts. The gift you donate may be the only present a child receives this Christmas, so we try to make sure that the gift is brand new.
- Popular gift ideas include sporting equipment, DVDs, puzzles and games, art and craft packs and clothing.
- Also consider giving a gift voucher. They are an ideal gift for older children and teenagers.
- The greatest need is for donations that are suitable for teens aged 14 and over.
Thank you for your support.